First Prize: $300, Second Prize: $200!
We welcome entries to the NantucketWeddings.com Nantucket wedding photo contest, sponsored by Yesterday’s Island, Inc. Send us photos of your Nantucket wedding and/or wedding reception.
Digital images and Prints entered in NantucketWeddings.com Annual Nantucket wedding Photo contest can be emailed or sent by snail mail. If you email your contest entries, you accept the rules, terms, and conditions on this page.
Rules, Terms and Conditions
NANTUCKET WEDDINGS.COM Nantucket wedding PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. Sponsors. The photo contest is sponsored by Yesterday’s Island, Inc. and is managed by Yesterday’s Island, Inc.. You may contact Yesterday’s Island, Inc. either by mail at P.O. Box 626, Nantucket, MA 02554, by telephone at (508) 228-9165 or by email at email@example.com.
2. Rules. The photo contest is governed by these rules, terms and conditions (the “Official Rules”). By participating in the photo contest, you agree to these Official Rules and the decision of the judges which are final and binding. The Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the photo contest at any time, at its sole discretion.
3. Program Period.The current photo contest is now open for entries, with an entry deadline of March 1, 2018 at 12 noon, EST (the “Program Period”). All registration attempts made outside the Program Period shall be entered into the following year’s contest.
4. Participation. To participate in the photo contest, you must (i) be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry; (ii) go to the photo contest website (the “Contest Site”) and following the instructions to participate and complete and submit an entry as specified; and (iii) submit one or more original photo(s) that have never been copyrighted.
You may not become a participant if you are an employee of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner they deem appropriate.
5. Submitted Images. By participating in the photo contest, you expressly agree not to submit any images that are unlawful, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or invasive of another person’s right of privacy or right of publicity, or that Sponsor may reasonably deem harmful, vulgar, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, objectionable with respect to race, religion, creed, national origin or gender, or otherwise unfit for publication. Sponsor shall not be liable in any way for such Content. If the image includes a picture of a minor under the age of 18, only the parent or guardian of the minor in the photo may submit the image. Any image that, in the sole discretion of Sponsor is considered inappropriate or unsuitable for publication will be deemed ineligible by Sponsor. The Sponsor will not return any images submitted to the Photo Contest.
By participating in the photo contest, you hereby grant Sponsor all rights to the image(s), including the right to edit, adapt, modify, or dispose of any proper names, likenesses, photographs, and/or city/states on any image(s), as well as all rights to publish, and use in any manner, on any Yesterday’s Island, Inc. products and/or publications, print or electronic, and in any other media for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions in all media (including and without limitation, the Internet) without any consideration or payment to you, except where prohibited by law.
6. Copyright. Copyrighted photos will not be accepted.
8. How Winners are Selected. Photo contests winners will be determined from a combination of community voting and a panel of judges consisting of Sponsor representatives. Altogether, two (2) winners will be selected. The submitted images will be judged to the extent to which they meet the theme of the photo contest and show a new perspective on a photographic subject. In addition, entries will be judged on quality of image and composition. Sponsor reserves the right to change the winner selection method and has the sole right to determine winners.
9. Prizes. Two (2) winners will be awarded the prizes described below. Taxes, if any, related to the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes cannot be assigned or transferred. All prizes will be awarded.
First Prize: $300.
10. Winner Notification; Affidavit of Eligibility; Delivery of Prizes. Winners will be notified within sixty (60) days after the end of the Program Period to the mailing address provided by the winner during the registration process. If a participant changes his/her mailing address after entering into the photo contest, it is his/her sole responsibility to update his/her mailing address by the end of the Program Period.
The prizes shall be delivered to the winners at the mailing address provided on their respective Entry Form. Delivery of the prizes may be by US postal service or other means as determined solely by the Sponsor. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (included, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) in the delivery of the prizes to the winners.
If a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
11. Names of Winners. Winners consent that their names may be published in the print publication Yesterday’s Island and on the Contest Site.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PHOTO CONTEST, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO CLAIM AMBIGUITY IN THE RULES, AND RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASEES” FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR ANY LIABILITY OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM OR ARISING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PHOTO CONTEST (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY USE, MISUSE, OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE BY THE WINNER), OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, MISUSE OR NONUSE OF THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED. WINNERS AGREE TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE “AS IS”
13. Disputes. You acknowledge and agree that all disputes in relation to the photo contest, including but not limited to, eligibility, cheating, advancement and other issues related to the photo contest shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, and that such a decision by the Sponsor shall be final and binding.
14. Additional Terms and Conditions. Your participation in the photo contest constitutes a consent to (a) comply with these Official Rules, and (b) that you release and hold harmless the Sponsor, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind. All disputes relating to the photo contest shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any photo contest related materials; or for transactions that are lost, misdirected, fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly or are lost for any reason including computer, telephone, paper transfer, mail system, human or other error; or for electronic, computer, or telephonic malfunction or error, including inability to access any Web site associated with this photo contest, or process any transaction thereon. You acknowledge and agree that the photo contest is one of skill not chance. You further acknowledge and agree that your ability to succeed in the photo contest will be based purely on your skill versus that of other participants. The photo contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and is subject to all applicable mandatory federal (national), state and local laws.
© Copyright Yesterday’s Island, Inc. 2017. All rights reserved.